Transferring the Forest-Wide FSMO roles:
To find out who currently holds the Domain Naming Master FSMO Role and transfer it:
- Open the Active Directory Domains and Trusts snap-in from the Administrative Tools folder
- Right-click the AD Domains and Trusts icon and select "Operations Masters"
- Click “Change” if the name of the new Server that will have the role is the one that you want and confirm the change
- If that is not the case, cancel the operation, click one more time on your AD Domains and Trusts icon and then choose “Connect to Domain Controller”
- Now you just need to select the DC you expect to hold the FSMO role and follow the above mentioned procedure