This week I had to upgrade our Virtual Center Server from version 2.0.2 to 2.0.2 Update 3. The upgrade was schedule to occur during the day and it was coordinated between the Infrastructure group and the DBA group. The plan was:
- Disable the SiteScope alerts for the Virtual Center Server
- Stop the Virtual Center and all the associated services
- Perform a full backup of the Data Base and the OS
- Upgrade the License Server
- Upgrade the Virtual Center Server from version 2.0.2 to 2.0.2 Update 3
- Update all the Virtual Infrastructure Clients
- Double check everything
I followed the mentioned steps and there were not any apparent problems; but when I tried to access the Web interface default page, there were no links on it!
Ok, the problem seemed to be the page code, maybe a directory that was not properly updated, let us see what Google has to say about it I thought: "virtual center update 3 web interface problem" and the first entry pointed me to "Problems with WebAccess after VirtualCenter 2.0.2 Update 1 upgrade". Mmmh, the link talked abut a problem with the Update 1, the same I was having actually, but this was Update 3... Aha! The issue was still unresolved!
Long story short, after following the posted the instructions, the problem went away.
Posted by Gabriel Maciel