Virtualization + Security were the news headlines this past week. More specifically, Tripwire announced ConfigCheck as a free utility capable of providing recommendations for hardening your VMware environment. Here is the official announcement:
Tripwire® ConfigCheckTM is a free utility that rapidly assesses the security of VMware ESX 3.5 hypervisor configurations compared to the VMware Infrastructure 3 Security Hardening guidelines. Developed by Tripwire in cooperation with VMware, Tripwire ConfigCheck ensures ESX environments are properly configured—offering immediate insight into unintentional vulnerabilities in virtual environments—and provides the necessary steps towards full remediation when they are not.
- Ensure recommended ESX configurations
- Discover possible vulnerabilities
- Deploy virtualization safely and securely
- Increase security posture of the entire enterprise
- Easily implement security and compliance best practices
- Reduce configuration drift
You can download ConfigCheck for VMware here.
Posted by Gabriel Maciel