Customization support for the following guest operating systems has been added in this release:
- Windows 7 Enterprise (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 Professional (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter Edition (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Web Server (64-bit)
Support for Firefox 3.x Browsers with VirtualCenter Web Access
- This release adds support for Firefox 3.x browsers with VirtualCenter Web Access. Firefox 3.x is not a supported browser for ESX Server 3.5 Update 5 Web Access with this release.
Changes to Virtual Infrastructure Client Installer
- The VI Client standalone installer (available from ESX Server Web Access) allows installation of the VMware Infrastructure Update service, which is used for updating and patching ESX Server 3i hosts. The standalone VI Client Installer is now modified to allow optional installation of the VMware Infrastructure Update service. The VirtualCenter Unified Installer (available as part of the VirtualCenter 2.5 Update 6 download) now includes an option to install VMware Infrastructure Update service when you choose the VI Client installation option.
VMware vCenter Server 2.5 Update 6 can be downloaded here.
Posted by Gabriel Maciel